3/28/2006

Unwritten

For those of you familiar with Natasha Bedingfield, you noticed that the description for my blog is from her song "Unwritten". I titled the blog "The Re-education of Lakia Holmes" because over the last 22 years I learned and experienced many things. Some good. Most bad. But in the last month, a lot of things changed and now I feel I'm at the point where I need to be educated all over again. So today begins my journey into discovering myself...again. Today my book begins, the rest is still unwritten.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kia,
I've waited 25 years to read this blog. To kick off the inaugural post, here is a killer quote harking back to the old track days: "Where does the power come from to see the race to its end? From within. Jesus said, 'The kingdom of God is within you. If ye seek with all your heart, you shall ever surely find me.' If you commit yourself to the love of Christ, then that is how you run a straight race."
--Eric Liddell, Chariots of Fire.
That should motivate you enough to go one a run with me one of these days.
Affectionately yours,
Bremen

petey said...

kia_
good hustle. i'm anxious to see how the story unfolds.

petey said...

ps. how'd i know you was gon go wit pink up in herr??

(before i even opened it, i thought, i bet she chose the pink template)

amy said...

Kia,

be pink and be proud.
re-education is the best kind there is.

Lakia said...

amy: i'm saying it loud, i'm pink and i'm proud. besides, you've seen my closet.

petey: thanks for commenting, i'm anxious to see how it unfolds myself. and i'm glad to see you know me so well.

Lakia said...

bremen,
thank you so much for inspiring me to "see the race to the end." i definitely feel that the kingdom of god is within me, as it is in you. i've committed myself to the love of christ, so hopefully i will run a straight race. i'll break out my track shoes and meet you in the park.